Emilia Dress – PDF Sewing Pattern
An adorable relaxed-fit dress that will grow with your child!
Instant download printable sewing pattern for sizes 0-3m to 14 youth. VIEW SIZE CHART AND FABRIC REQUIREMENTS
Design Features & Options
- Three sleeve lengths (short, elbow, long) plus sleeveless option
- Grow cuff option for long sleeves – fold them up at first and then unfold as your child grows
- Relaxed fit with color blocked handkerchief style hem
- Mini dress length (above knee in center, longer on the sides) – will become tunic length as child grows
- PLEASE NOTE: This style is not recommended for crawling babies. It works well for immobile babies and walking children, so all baby sizes have been provided since developmental stages come in all sizes.
Pattern File Features
- Size layers – choose which sizes to print and save your ink
- Prints on both letter and A4 sized paper
- Pages can be assembled either by trimming your pages, or overlapping them (trimless method)
- All important info provided on pattern pieces for easy reference (seam allowance, grain line, size labels, cutting instructions, pattern name, top and bottom for directional prints, etc.)
- Optional band/trim rectangular pieces to print (cut dimensions also provided in tutorial)
- An A0 file is provided for those who prefer to print at a copy shop on blueprint sized paper, with no page assembly required
- A projector file is provided, for those who are set up with a projector calibrated for use in pattern tracing or cutting
- Imperial and metric measurements throughout the tutorial
- Size chart and finished measurements chart
- Detailed printing instructions
- Detailed pattern assembly instructions
- Size blending instructions, for those whose chest and height fall into different sizes
- Cut chart for rectangular pieces (pattern pieces also provided)
- Detailed sewing instructions with illustrations
Recommended Fabric Types
NOTE: Drapey fabrics with high amounts of vertical stretch will hang lower when wearing this dress. I do not suggest using these types of fabrics for newly walking toddlers who may trip on the sides.
The dress trim can be made in any type of fabric, including cotton woven, silk or knit.
Can I share this pattern with a friend? No – purchase is for one copy only, please do not sell, share, or distribute this pattern.
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/gooberpeadesigns/
If you have questions about the pattern or need help, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or join my group above – many of the members can also help if I am not online right away.