Goober Pea Pod
$11.50 Canadian Dollars
A size adjustable car seat poncho, for every pea in your pod!
Instant download printable sewing pattern for sizes baby to 5T. Only 12 pages to print!
NOTE: This pattern does NOT include layers to select which size you want to print – you must print all sizes.
Design Features & Options
- Three construction methods: size adjustable with no zipper, size adjustable with zipper, and the no-snap method with zipper (not size adjustable – hood is sewn on).
- Size adjustable options have hoods that snap on and off, in 3 sizes – 0-12m, 2T-3T, and 4T-5T. The neck hole also adjusts in size to make sure all cold air is shut out, using the unique snap method.
- Cape comes in two lengths – regular, which generally works for baby through at least 3 years old and often up through 5 (depending on the child’s height and how much leg coverage you want); and extra tall, which is too long for newly walking toddlers, but works well for ages 2 and up, with better leg coverage for the upper ages.
- Optional bear ears are included for the generously sized 3 piece hood.
- Pattern includes optional snap covers, to wear the cape comfortably with no hood.
Pattern File Features
- Prints on both letter and A4 sized paper
- Pages can be assembled either by trimming your pages, or overlapping them (trimless method)
- Info provided on pattern pieces for easy reference (grain line, size labels, cutting instructions, pattern name, top and bottom for directional prints, etc.)
- Imperial and metric measurements throughout the tutorial
- Size chart and finished measurements chart
- Detailed printing instructions
- Detailed pattern assembly instructions
- Detailed sewing instructions, including both illustrations and photos, and even some video clips!
Recommended Fabric Types
This poncho can be made from both woven and knit fabrics (see suggestions below).
- Heavy sweatshirt fleece
- Heavy french terry
Fabric Requirements and Supplies
Per layer, based on directional fabric:
- Regular cape – 1.25 yards
- Extra tall cape – 1.5 yards
- The hood pieces will fit within the cape yardage for 60″ wide fabrics. For 45″ wide fabrics, add an additional .25 yards
1 meter=1.09 yards (most sizes can be cut from a fat quarter meter)
For the zippered capes:
- 1 separating zipper – 18″ for regular cape or 20″ for extra tall
Supplies for the size adjustable capes:
- Snap pliers or press and snaps (20 sets for the cape, 6-10 sets per hood)
NOTE: The number of snaps to install can seem overwhelming at first. However, the benefits of versatility and functionality are well worth it. It may take some playing around to figure out the right combination to achieve the best fit for your child. But, once you have the right combo, you can leave most of the snaps together, and only undo a few on one side of the hood in order to slip it over the child’s head. There are detailed instructions and photos included for not only the snap installation, but also which snaps to match together for each sizing combination.
Can I sell items I make with this pattern? Yes! Purchasers are welcome to sell their finished products.
Can I share this pattern with a friend? No – purchase is for one copy only, please do not sell, share, or distribute this pattern.
$11.50 Canadian Dollars
For info on new pattern releases, sew alongs, etc – find us on:
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/gooberpeadesigns/
If you have questions about the pattern or need help, please feel free to email me at email@example.com, or join my group above – many of the members can also help if I am not online right away.