Little Bow Pea – PDF Sewing Pattern
A classic top from the front, with a beautiful surprise on the back!
Instant download printable sewing pattern for sizes 6-12m to 14 youth.
Design Features & Options
- Three sleeve lengths (short, elbow, long) plus sleeveless option
- High or low back options
- Regular OR relaxed fit option (snug or loosely fitted)
- Beautiful curved hem
- Optional removable bow with snaps
Pattern File Features
- Size layers – choose which sizes to print and save your ink
- Prints on both letter and A4 sized paper
- Pages can be assembled either by trimming your pages, or overlapping them (trimless method)
- All important info provided on pattern pieces for easy reference (seam allowance, grain line, size labels, cutting instructions, pattern name, top and bottom for directional prints, etc.)
- Optional band/bow rectangular pieces to print (cut dimensions also provided in tutorial)
- An A0 file is provided for those who prefer to print at a copy shop on blueprint sized paper, with no page assembly required
- A projector file is provided, for those who are set up with a projector calibrated for use in pattern tracing or cutting
- Imperial and metric measurements throughout the tutorial
- Size chart and finished measurements chart
- Detailed printing instructions
- Detailed pattern assembly instructions
- Size blending instructions, for those whose chest and height fall into different sizes
- Cut chart for rectangular pieces (pattern pieces also provided)
- Detailed sewing instructions with illustrations
Recommended Fabric Types
Any jersey knit fabric with at least 50% stretch will work for the body and sleeves of this garment. Lightweight fabrics are recommended for the bow to prevent it from drooping – woven fabrics can be used for the bow.
NOTE: This pattern was formerly the Bowlittle by George and Ginger. The drafting is nearly identical for the original sizes 2T-14 (baby sizes 6-12m to 12-18m now added!!) in low back/regular fit. I have added relaxed fit and high back options. Those who purchased the original George and Ginger pattern can get a 40% discount on the new version – just find the last word on page 20 of the original tutorial, and enter the word in the discount code field at checkout – all in UPPERCASE letters, with no spaces.