Reverie Dress – PDF Sewing Pattern
A surprisingly quick and easy sew, with beautiful results!
Instant download printable sewing pattern for sizes 6-12m to 14 youth.
Design Features & Options
- Fully lined bodice, with optional faux waistband
- Gathered cap sleeves
- Gathered skirt in three lengths – short, tea length, maxi
Pattern File Features
- Size layers – choose which sizes to print and save your ink
- Prints on both letter and A4 sized paper
- Pages can be assembled either by trimming your pages, or overlapping them (trimless method)
- All important info provided on pattern pieces for easy reference (seam allowance, grain line, size labels, cutting instructions, pattern name, top and bottom for directional prints, etc.)
- Optional rectangular skirt pieces to print (cut dimensions also provided in tutorial)
- An A0 file is provided for those who prefer to print at a copy shop on blueprint sized paper, with no page assembly required
- A projector file is provided, for those who are set up with a projector calibrated for use in pattern tracing or cutting
- Imperial and metric measurements throughout the tutorial
- Size chart and finished measurements chart
- Detailed printing instructions
- Detailed pattern assembly instructions
- Size blending instructions, for those whose chest and height fall into different sizes
- Cut chart for rectangular pieces (pattern pieces also provided)
- Detailed sewing instructions with illustrations
Recommended Fabric Types
This garment is drafted for knit fabric with 50% stretch and good stretch recovery. The fitted bodice will be most comfortable in high stretch fabrics such as bamboo or rayon jersey, brushed polyester, etc (75-100% stretch). I recommend sizing up the bodice for more structured knits such as printed cotton lycra.
NOTE: This pattern was formerly the Little Daydream by George and Ginger. Baby sizes 6-12m and 12-18m have been added, and additional ease has been added to all sizes (the bodice fit is less tight). Those who purchased the original George and Ginger pattern can get a 60% discount on the new version – just find the last word in the last sentence on page 11 of the original tutorial and enter the word in the discount code field at checkout – all in UPPERCASE letters, with no spaces.