This is the basic version of the Snuggle Bunny Poncho, with a banded hood and NO zipper. Size range is 18m to 14 youth.
If you would like to add a zipper and/or have more hood options, please click here to purchase the full version of the pattern.
Click the button below to open the file, then save it to your computer. Open in Adobe Reader and print from there for correct scale (see printing instructions in the tutorial for more details).
If you would like an A0 file for copy shop printing on blueprint sized paper (no page assembly!), or projector file for projecting the pattern directly onto fabric, you can get these files free by signing up for our newsletter.
Design Features & Options:
- Single or double layer scuba style hood with a band around the face hole.
- Hood and neck hole sizes come in two variations – one for fabrics with 0-20% stretch and one for fabrics over 20% stretch
- Optional elastic casing for the hood, recommended for fabrics with poor stretch recovery, or if you want to size up for a poncho that will last longer
- Optional decorative bunny ears for the hoods
- Single or double layer cape – double layer ponchos can be made reversible!
- Can this poncho be used in a car seat? Yes! It is designed to be worn safely over car seat straps, and flipped up in the back or sides so it does not go between the child and the car seat. ***IMPORTANT – do not use unsupervised (such as in a car seat) for any child that does not have adequate motor control to easily remove the hood if it moves onto their face. Also, do not use when car is fully warmed, due to risk of overheating. It is meant to be used at very low temperatures for short trips only, when the car is not fully warmed***
- Can I sell items I make with this pattern? Yes! Purchasers are welcome to sell their finished products.
- Can I share this pattern with a friend? No – purchase is for one copy only, please do not sell, share, or distribute this pattern.