Split Pea Tunic and Dress – PDF Sewing Pattern
An adorable relaxed-fit dress that will grow with your child!
Instant download printable sewing pattern for sizes 0-3m to 14 youth. VIEW SIZE CHART AND FABRIC REQUIREMENTS
Design Features & Options
- Three sleeve lengths (short, elbow, long) plus sleeveless option
- Grow cuff option for long sleeves – fold them up at first and then unfold as your child grows
- Comfortable loose fit with pleated back
- Tunic or dress length
Pattern File Features
- Size layers – choose which sizes to print and save your ink
- Prints on both letter and A4 sized paper
- Pages can be assembled either by trimming your pages, or overlapping them (trimless method)
- All important info provided on pattern pieces for easy reference (seam allowance, grain line, size labels, cutting instructions, pattern name, top and bottom for directional prints, etc.)
- Optional rectangular band pieces to print (cut dimensions also provided in tutorial)
- An A0 file is provided for those who prefer to print at a copy shop on blueprint sized paper, with no page assembly required
- A projector file is provided, for those who are set up with a projector calibrated for use in pattern tracing or cutting
- Imperial and metric measurements throughout the tutorial
- Size chart and finished measurements chart
- Detailed printing instructions
- Detailed pattern assembly instructions
- Size blending instructions, for those whose chest and height fall into different sizes
- Cut chart for rectangular pieces (pattern pieces also provided)
- Detailed sewing instructions with illustrations
Recommended Fabric Types
This garment is drafted for knit fabric with 50% stretch and good stretch recovery. It works with both drapey and structured knits, offering different looks – more voluminous with structured knits such as cotton lycra, and hanging closer to the body in drapey knits such as bamboo or rayon jersey. I recommend lightweight fabrics for the back insert, as heavy fabrics tend to pull the dress backwards and raise the neckline in front.
Can I share this pattern with a friend? No – purchase is for one copy only, please do not sell, share, or distribute this pattern.
NOTE: This pattern was formerly the Peewee Pleat by George and Ginger. The drafting is nearly identical for the original sizes 2T-14 (baby sizes 6-12m to 12-18m now added!!). I have added a grow cuff option and narrow armbands. Those who purchased the original George and Ginger pattern can get a 50% discount on the new version – just find the last word of the last sentence on page 12 of the original tutorial, then enter the word in the discount code field at checkout, all in UPPERCASE letters, with no spaces.
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/gooberpeadesigns/
If you have questions about the pattern or need help, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or join my group above – many of the members can also help if I am not online right away.